Isleham United vs Fenstanton – 26/09/15

Isleham United vs Fenstanton - 26/09/15

Isleham United 4-4 Fenstanton

A tale of 2 halves…

Manager Adam Buckingham tinkered with his formation for the away game against Isleham, and opted for a narrow diamond formation, and during the first half, it looked like a masterstroke, with the quick play in midfield between Berrill, Hunt, Lee and Edwards, ripping holes into the Isleham team.

Fenstanton took the lead when in-form striker Ben Fuller, headed in a pin point Dion Lee free kick.

Fenstanton came close with Ryan Hunt crashing a volley against the bar. But Isleham equalised with a very good goal, when their big number 9 wriggled free and smashed a shot into the top corner. 1-1.

Fenstanton were the better side and took the lead once again. The goal came from another Dion Lee free kick, met this time by debutant Ross Fairley, who looped his header over the goalkeeper for his first competitive goal for Fenny.

About 10 mins before half time, after good work in midfield, Dale Edwards, slipping in Fuller, who’s confident finish, ensured that Fenstanton went in 3-1 up at the break.

2nd half and there was a huge shift in momentum, with Isleham changing formation and really coming at Fenstanton. But against the run of play, Fenstanton nearly extended the lead, with Ben Fuller, smashing his shot against the cross bar.

This proved quite crucial, with Isleham pulling a goal back, after Fenny couldn’t clear their lines, and Isleham punishing them for this.

An equaliser soon followed, via a corner that Fenstanton, again couldn’t clear, and the Isleham striker smashing his shot in from the penalty spot.

3-3 and Fenstanton were really against the ropes, and it was no surprise when Isleham went ahead. A free kick was pumped into the area, and went through a crowd of bodies and some how found its way into the back of the net. 4-3.

Fenny rang the changes in and it was 2 of the subs that got Fenstanton their equaliser in the 90th minute.

Darren Bryant collected the ball at right back and ran a good 60 yards, before slipping the ball to Fuller, who crossed the ball for young Kieran Heaford to smash in from close range.

Full Time – Isleham United 4-4 Fenstanton

Fenstanton were better in the 1st half, Isleham better in the 2nd half. But in truth, Fenstanton should have been out of sight at half time.

This entry was posted in News Archive. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.